This two-part workshop will look at how to teach reliable off-lead heel work that will withstand distractions and be suitable for assessments or tests.
Our heelwork workshops, led by Lynsey, is suitable for…
- All breeds of gundog, including retrievers, spaniels and HPRs
- Pet gundog owners who would like to teach their dog to walk at heel and not pull on the lead even in distracting environments
- Those looking to participate in their next Gundog Club field assessment
- Those looking to work their dogs in the field
- Those looking to participate in working tests
Our heelwork workshops will cover...
- How to build a good connection with your dog
- How to match pace together
- How to build reliable high value rewards that will strengthen the behaviour
- The emotion of your dog and how to manage this
- How to build duration in this behaviour and to cope with the environmental distractions
- How and when to add a cue, and then how to isolate the cue from everything else.